02 03 Melody Jackson, Author: Introducing...Blaze! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Introducing...Blaze!

34
Blaze Montego




If you remember, last week I introduced the main heroine of my current story, Dragons' Bane. For the next few weeks, I'll be introducing new characters and giving you little glimpses into Dragons' Bane...without giving away major spoilers, of course. ;) I just have to say right now, these characters are some of my favorites ever. They're just...I don't know. I just love them! :) 

So, today, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite characters of Dragons' Bane, Blaze Montego!
__________________________

Hey people, what's going on? I'm Blaze. And yes, for the last time, that is my name. Don't believe what anyone else says. Love it or hate it, it's my name, and I'm sticking with it.

Anywho, I've been asked to tell you a little about my life and what's going on in Calest right now. Well, as you might have heard, a lot of it is very secretive and it would be bad if I told you about it, so...yeah. What I can tell you, though, is that the injustices against the Calestan people will soon be rectified, something I've been working towards for about a year now. 

Okay...fine. I suppose it can't hurt if I tell you a little something, right? You'd better not tell the Galdanians though.

So, Calest has set up a special mage 'training facility' as they call it (boring name, but they refused my request for a better one) to, well, train mages and help them hone their magic skills so they can help protect Calest and fight against Galdania. I happen to be an extremely important part of this 'facility' and also the best mage in Calest. (I'm not just saying that because I'm great, but seriously, no one's ever beaten me.) 

And that's about all I can tell you. The rest of the plan is something very few people know, and even most of the mages don't know. And that I am not going to divulge, no matter how much you ask. It's just too important.

So, let's switch gears a moment and talk about me. I happen to be extremely gifted in fire magic and am also looked upon as the strongest and most likely to lead of all the mages. In part I think my street experience as a young boy helped me get to this point, rather than being sheltered for most of my life by parents. Yeah, I'm an orphan; have been for a long time. But most of the mages at the 'facility' (see how boring that sounds?) are, since the Calestans specifically chose people with no outside emotional ties that could affect their loyalty, so we'll all 'stay in line' and stuff.

That doesn't prevent us from bonding within the 'facility' though, and I have quite a few friends (and, of course, enemies. Power always comes with a price). You already talked to Lena, right? Haha, that girl sure has spirit! Took me a while to get through her icy facade (I can use big words when I want to!), but once that happened, we pretty much became best friends. 

She's a strong warrior too, Lena. I'll be glad to be on her side and not against her when we fight Galdania. She's not someone you want to mess with; her ice barbs really sting!

Yeah, so, that's a bit about me. Actually, it doesn't seem I told you that much about me personally, but there's not much to say. I love fire and fighting; I don't like long, boring studies or cowards. There you go. 

Well, I've really got to get back to my training. See ya.

-Blaze
_____________________________________

I hope Blaze didn't come off as too abrasive or anything; he really has such a big heart. (Don't tell him I said that.) Next week we'll have a chat with Dailen, another very important character in the Dragons' Bane/Dragons' Might storyline. Until then, I hope you've enjoyed this post, and continue to be on the lookout for more updates about Dragons' Bane. :)

Have a fantastic day!

-Melody


Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38